Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

We're a real band (again)

Tomorrow morning James and I are going to be on a Radio Valencia show called Conan Neutron's Protonic Reversal from 8 to 10 a.m. (that's 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for you Midwesterners). You can find a place to stream or listen to the recording here. We've been in Oakland for three months at this point. Things are better than ever and the band is becoming the real, functioning project that we've been building towards.




We've played three shows now as Love Moon in Oakland, with an upcoming banger this Saturday and a show in San Francisco at the end of the month. In the past few weeks we've received sick shirts made by Pity Party, stickers printed, demo CDs burned and buttons pressed. By the end of the month (hopefully) we're going to have cassettes out with the four songs on our EP.

Prior to moving, I was playing live and practicing in four different bands (for just a hot minute there). I thrive on that chaos. I live to have things take up my time like practicing or writing or playing live. Everything else is mundane bullshit. The day after Adam left to join his brother in Eugene I was left with just one band and it wasn't active yet. We were still finishing our recordings and getting our bearings on all of the bigger real life parts of moving like jobs, housing and sleeping. 

I can't attribute the feeling to anything specific but these past few weeks have been validating. Life in Northern California is better than I could have possibly expected and we're beginning to break through to the other side of being new here. Faces at shows are starting to look more familiar and I have more than ten people on Facebook to invite to my shows. I feel healthier and happier than I've ever felt before. 



No comments:

Post a Comment